The more I play with jekyll on GitHub pages, the more I like it.
The big downside to a static weblog is how to post on the go. In my case, this means posting from an iPad. The nice thing about GitHub is that you can update your repository from a browser. If you know the jekyll file naming syntax, then blogging from the browser is pretty straight-forward. Here’s my workflow:
- Author the post in Editorial
- Copy the front matter from an existing post as a starting point
- Use the GitHub web interface to create a new file:
- Name the file ccyy-mm-dd-post-link.md
- Paste the content in from Editorial
- Commit the new file
Bingo. You have a new post. I’m not leaving hexo, but jekyll might be my top recommendation for a new technically proficient blogger.