Drawing the Lines
I just noticed that LinkedIn allows you to tie your twitter status and your LinkedIn status together. And I gave it about 15 seconds thought before concluding that I wasn’t going to take that step.
Here’s where I draw the lines for social media:
- Blog: Take the First Step
- My public face, what should be the first search result on my name. Sometimes professional, sometimes personal, always me.
- Twitter: ideoplex
- More personal than my blog, it's the private me out and about in public. As private as hiding in the crowd allows.
- Pure professional (albeit a bit neglected right now).
- Primarily personal.
- As personal as is practical.