From the November 2002 issue of the Harvard Business Review:
- How much should we spend on IT?
- Which business processes should receive our IT dollars?
- Which IT capabilities need to be companywide?
- How good do our IT services really need to be?
- What security and privacy risks will we accept?
- Whom do we blame if an IT initiative fails?
None of these items come as a surprise. But I’ve often found that management pays more attention to the Harvard Business Review. It’s worth marking down the reference just in case.