Ok, you buy into my premise that RSS should be archived with email. But NewsGator has pretty much cornered the market for Outlook RSS integration, and you have no desire to write the next great email client. Well, you’ve come to the right place. I’ve got some options for you to consider.
- mbox export: Allow RSS items to be exported in a mbox format.
- email this item: Add a button for one click email to myself.
- RSS to email bridge: What the heck, just email everything (bad choice - only included for completeness).
- mail server emulation: Let your aggregator emulate a POP3 or IMAP server. The IMAP approach will expose folder hierarchy as well as contents.
- IMAP client: Let your aggregator store RSS on an IMAP server. A member IMAP account from FastMail is available for a one time charge of $14.95.