I'm passing on Panther (for now)

Panther is out and I think that I’ll wait. Panther is $129.99 and a new 800 MHz G4 iBook is $1099 – so holding off on Panther puts me 12% along the way to a G4 iBook. My 700 MHz G3 iBook has done yeoman work this past year and I’d like to get another year out of it before I upgrade. And I suspect that Apple will refresh the hardware again for next year’s Xmas shopping season. So unless a killer Panther only Application comes out, I’ll sit tight for a hardware upgrade in about a year.