Now that I’ve survived the latest comment spam attack, I’m releasing an update to my homebrew standalone comment and trackback package that includes support for Tag moderation. This allows trackback pings and comments to be displayed immediately, while masking outbound links until the ping or comment has been approved. You may optionally approve all pings and comments as they are made.
- Composite Trackback RSS feed
- Composite Comment RSS feed
- HTML Sanitization from Brad Choate’s Sanitize Plugin for Moveable Type.
- Tag Moderation for Trackback and Comments – trackback pings and comments are immediately available with most html tags removed (p allowed for readability). Sanitized tags are displayed upon approval.
- Trackback and Comment deletion (unfortunately, this does not propagate to the RSS feed)
Comment Editing Requirements
Web Server capable of running cgi scripts
- Perl with the following Perl Modules:
- CGI::Cookie I believe that these are core modules as of Perl 5.6.0.
Download standalone trackback and comments.